This is a volunteer-led initiative that has gotten support from a range of individuals and organizations since its founding in 2012. The land was purchased and set up by Louino and Sabina. Brunel, Kerline, and Gracia run the Park every day. The Pollination Project gave us a grant to cover the choukoune, the community latrine, and the nursery. Other individuals have been gracious in donating time, funds, trees, tools, and other important resources.
There are many ways to get involved, and here are a few:
1. If you want to contribute financially to the Park, it helps us greatly with the day-to-day operations. $5 can help us plant a tree. $20 can help us plant a new section of the tree nursery. And our most importantly, anything you give can help us reach our goal to drill a well to resolve the water issue that is the biggest barrier to the growth of our young forest (learn more).
2. If you want to contribute to the Park in another way, we always welcome in-kind donations of resources and expertise. People have contributed small hand tools, trainings on composting, and other important gifts of knowledge and equipment that help our Park thrive.
3. If you are in the area around St Raphael (which includes Pignon, Hinche, Dondon, Grand Riviere du Nord, and Cap Haitian), please feel free to come by and plant a tree of your own! If the gate happens to be closed, just ask at the house next door for Brunel and he will be happy to open the Park and help you plant a tree of your own.
4. If you are in other areas of Haiti, we are looking for partners and friends who are looking to build their own forests and community parks. The idea behind Pak Nan Ginen is to be a model, and the grand objective is that each of Haiti's 140 communes should have a forested community park. We are happy to share ideas, experiences, and resources with anyone who shares that vision - please go to the Contact page and get in touch!
Sa se yon inisyativ volontarya ki jwenn sipo nan men anpil endividi ak oganizasyon depi li te fonde nan 2012. Se Sabina ak Robi ki te achte te a, se Brunel ak Kerline ak Gracia ki jere Pak la. Pollination Project te bay nou mwayen pou konstwi choukoun nan, latrin nan, ak pepinye a. Lot endividi te bay tan yo, finansman, pye bwa, zoutil, ak lot resous enpotan.
Genyen plizye fason pou vin enplike, men kek fason:
1. Si nou vle kontribiye finansyeman, li ede nou anpil ak travay kotidyen nou. $5 kapab ede nou plante yon pye bwa. $20 kapab ede nou plante yon nouvo pati nan pepinye a. E, sa ki pi enpotan, nempot sa ou kapab bay kapab ede nou reyalize rev nou pou fouye yon pwi ki kapab rezoud pwoblem dlo ki sanse pi gwo barye nou ap konfronte jounen jodi a (aprann plis).
2. Si nou vle kontribiye ak Pak la nan yon lot fason, nou toujou resevwa resous materyel ak resous imen. Moun genten kontribiye ti zoutil, fomasyon sou konpos, e plizye lot bagay ki ede Pak la grandi.
3. Si ou nan zon tou pre Sen Rafayel (Pinyon, Ench, Dondon, Gran Rivye di No, Okap), tanpri vin vizite e plante yon pye bwa! Si barye a femen, jis ale nan kay ki bo kote Pak la e mande pou Brunel, e li pral plis ke kontan pou ouvri barye a pou ou kapab plante yon pye bwa.
4. Si ou nan lot zon an Ayiti, nou toujou ap cheche pou patne ak zanmi ki ap eseye etabli fore ak pak kominote. Lide deye Pak Nan Ginen se pou li sevi kom yon model, e rev nou se pou nou kapab we chak nan 140 komin an Ayiti genyen yon pak kominote ki bwaze. Nou toujou kontan pou nou pataje lide, eksperyans, ak resous avek tout moun ki pataje vizyon sa a - tanpri, ale nan paj Kontak pou ekri ou rele nou!